16th February 2021
Pros and Cons of Breast Lift Without ImplantsDr. Devan Patel, PharmD
Believe it or not, not every woman who seeks out a breast lift does so for larger breasts. In fact, women often decide to get a breast lift without implants because they’re unhappy with the position or shape of their breasts.
In fact, more than 142,000 breast lift procedures were performed in 2017, according to the Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank. Breast lift procedures have become one of the top 5 surgical procedures performed in the USA. Many women report feeling more confident, attractive, youthful, and more fit after the surgery.
Most women during their 20s have perky breasts that allow them to wear bikinis and go braless without a care in the world. Unfortunately, there’s no denying the fact that a woman’s body goes through several changes throughout her lifetime. Through pregnancy and breastfeeding to weight gain, weight loss, and the natural aging process, breasts can go from perky to saggy in no time.
Fortunately, many women have experienced great success with breast lift procedures. Not only are they performed without having to insert implants, but the procedure helps restore breasts to their original, more youthful position.
Fortunately, plastic surgery can help you restore your breasts to their former glory. If you're bothered by sagging breasts, but satisfied with the size of your bust, a breast lift without implants could be the correct procedure for you. This procedure takes between three to four hours to complete, during which the plastic surgeon removes excess skin to tighten and reshape the breast tissue.
Also, the nipple and areola are lifted to a higher position on the breast. This cosmetic procedure is best suited for women who are satisfied with the size of their breasts but wish to give their breasts a more attractive and youthful appearance.
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of breast lift without implants.
Breast Lift Without Implants Pros
1. Breast lifts without implants can help women alleviate back pain and poor posture while improving overall spinal health.
2. Corrects sagging breasts by removing excess tissue and lifting inner breast tissue.
3. Improves breast shape, projection, and symmetry.
4. The nipple-areolar complex is moved higher up on the chest.
5. The size of the nipple-areolar complex is reduced.
6. Increase firmness in breast firmness and creates perkier breasts.
7. This procedure is more cost-efficient.
8. No additional surgeries required, unlike breast lifts with implants.
9. A breast lift without implants produces very natural-looking results.
Breast Lift Without Implants Cons
1. Breast lifts without implants do not add extra volume to breasts.
2. Breast implants allow for more shape and contouring options than just a breast lift alone.
3. Significant scarring may occur after breast lift surgery. This may cause a lot of disfigurement. Although, scars are not typically noticeable when you’re wearing your undergarments.
4. Excessive bleeding, infections, swelling, breast asymmetry, dark scars, and poor wound healing; are just a few complications that can occur after this type of procedure.
5. This surgery can be very expensive. The average cost for this procedure in America is more than $4,500. Also, health insurance companies do not normally cover the cost of a breast lift since it is an elective procedure.
6. Unfortunately, breast lift results are not permanent due to gravity, weight fluctuations, and aging.
7. This procedure can lead to problems such as loss of breast sensitivity and nipple sensation can be decreased temporarily or permanently.
8. Recovery time can take up to three months for the breasts to completely heal.
9. Small tubes will most likely be attached to your breasts to drain excess fluid. This recent study highlights the importance of accurately monitoring the output from surgical drains after surgery. Unfortunately, the removal of drains can be delayed and the risk of complications can be increased when patients fail to accurately document daily outputs from surgical drains.
Pros and cons of breast lifts: Bottom line
Before considering a breast lift without implants, make sure you consult with a surgeon who will provide you with more information about the entire procedure. Your doctor will determine if you are the right candidate for this procedure. Most importantly, when it comes to cosmetic surgeries make sure you conduct your research before making an impulsive decision.
Keep in mind, you should always look for supplements that can accelerate tissue healing and help aid scars that may come from these types of cosmetic procedures.* We highly recommend WoundVite, since it is the most comprehensive scar and wound care supplement on the market.*
Woundvite is a high potency supplement that may help with healing time.* It contains 18 powerful science backed pharma-grade ingredients including Vitamin C, L-Arginine, L-Glutamine, Bromelain, and Turmeric. These ingredients work together to potentially assist in chronic wound care healing, tissue injury recovery, post-surgical healing, hysterectomy recovery, scar treatment, and scar reduction.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.